All parents want to make sure that they have the best nutrition for their children. With so many baby and toddler formulas on store shelves and being advertised online, it can become quit overwhelming for parents to know which formula is the most suitable for their toddler. To help those parents, we have compiled a Top 10 List of formulas for toddlers in the 2-3 years range, and listed the pros and cons to help parents make an informed decision.
Table of Contents
- 10. Cow and Gate Growing Up Milk
- 9. Similac Advance of Early shield Baby Formula
- 8. Holle Organic Growing-up Milk
- 7. Similac Soy New Isomil Baby Formula
- 6. Enfagrow Toddler Next Step
- 5. Go & Grow formula by Similac Milk
- 4.Bear Brand Advance Protextion L-protextus Bifidus Bl Prebio 1 Honey Flavored Milk Powder
- 3. Enfapro by Mead Johnson
- 2. Baby Only Organic Toddler Formula
- 1. Mamil Gold PreciNutri Step 3
10. Cow and Gate Growing Up Milk
Cow and Gate Growing Up Milk is a great formula due to it being enriched with Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron. Vitamin D and Calcium are great for promoting bone development, while Iron fosters healthy brain development. The only negative side is that some toddlers may experience stomach problems when switching to Cow and Gate Growing Up Milk.
- Enriched with Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron
- Potential stomach problems
9. Similac Advance of Early shield Baby Formula
The benefits of Similac Advance of Early Shield Baby Formula are that they have nutrients that are naturally found in breast milk. This formula has ARA (Omega-6) and DHA (Omega-3) which is excellent for fostering eye and brain development. Furthermore, with palm olein oil, this formula will also support strong bone growth. When first transitioning a child to this formula, the child may become constipated and a bit grassy, but usually the child needs to adapt to the formula.
- Eye, brain and bone development
- May lead to constipation
8. Holle Organic Growing-up Milk
Holle Organic Growing-up Milk has 99% organically grown elements and can be used as a drink to compliment a varied meal. However, you do pay for the benefits.
- Organic and flexible
7. Similac Soy New Isomil Baby Formula
Similac Soy New Isomil Baby Formula prides itself on being the solution to spit-up, stomach problems or gas. With its Iron enrichment, this formula will also serve as a strong source of calcium as well. The only downside is that the effects of solving any stomach or gas problems may take a few days to appear.
- Solves for spit-up, stomach and gas problems.
- Takes a few days for effects to appear.
6. Enfagrow Toddler Next Step
Enfagrow Toddler Next Step is great for toddlers who are underweight. Enfagrow is meant to help toddlers put on some weight and is perfect for toddlers who may have high metabolism. Furthermore, Enfagrow comes in many flavors, such as traditional milk and vanilla. The only problem is that Enfagrow is not necessarily geared towards heavy nutrition as it is for allowing a toddler to gain weight.
- Great for adding weight to underweight toddlers
- Not geared towards nutrition
5. Go & Grow formula by Similac Milk
Another formula by Similac, Go & Grow differs by offering the same nutrients that support brain and eye development, as well as promoting physical growth, such as Enfagrow Toddler Next Step. However, Go & Grow may not be necessary for toddlers who are already gaining weight at a healthy rate.
- Nutrition and promotes weight gain for underweight toddlers
- Not for toddlers who already keep up a healthy weight gain rate.
4.Bear Brand Advance Protextion L-protextus Bifidus Bl Prebio 1 Honey Flavored Milk Powder
With a thicker, heavier and creamier taste, and jam-packed with Zinc, Vitamin E, Iron and Calcium, this milk is perfect for helping your toddler develop healthy hair, teeth and nails. The only downside is that this formula is better for older toddlers.
- Jam packed with nutrients for healthy body, hair, teeth and nails
- Geared for older toddlers.
3. Enfapro by Mead Johnson
Enfapro by Mead Johnson is full of nutrition that includes minerals, vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates. Furthermore, Enfapro is a very versatile formula and can be used for younger toddlers or older toddler in the 2-3 years range. The only downside is that some toddlers may experience some constipation.
- Formula that can be used by a wide age range of young children
- May cause constipation
2. Baby Only Organic Toddler Formula
This is a great formula for sensitive stomachs. Any toddler who has gluten or corn allergies, this formula is for them. This formula is derived from cows milk who are not fed chemicals or hormones and thus, are insured they will received healthy milk. The only downside is the price is going to be a little higher.
- Great for sensitive stomachs
1. Mamil Gold PreciNutri Step 3
Saving the best for last, Mamil Gold PreciNutri Step 3 is not going to have sucrose and will also have a low-fat content. Furthermore, this formula is great for healthy brain development. The only shortcoming is that during transition, toddlers may experience some diarrhea.
- Low fat content and sucrose free, this formula will foster a baby genius
- Diarrhea may occur during transition
The purpose of this list is to help parents get an idea of what formula will be the most suitable for their toddler. From formula that is jam-packed with nutrition, to formula that is geared towards solving for stomach pain, this list of the 10 Best Formula Milk for Babies 2-3 Years old will serve as a guide to help any parent make the right choice.